Monday, April 2, 2012

In-between hair styles and update

Its been a little under two months since I started officially locking down and growing out my hair. Ive definitely obtained some good length, but I'm in that "MY HAIR LOOKS DISGUSTING NO MATTER WHAT I DO!" phase. This is the hardest phase to get through, because its so tempting jut to go get a hair cut for instant relief. But, I cant. I must stay strong!
Here is the process I've made in the last 8 weeks.


As you can see, I decided to dye my hair a dark brown. My natural hair color is dirty dish water blonde, and I regularly bleached it to obtain the pearl blonde color I had before. Bleaching was causing breakage, so I decided getting into a darker color range would be much healthier for my hair as I grow it out. The color is a little darker then I had originally planned, but its washed out a lot since it was first dyed.
Some days it feels like my hair has grown a lot, and other days it feels like it hasnt grown a bit. I think a lot of it depends on how I style it. As you can see, I've gained a fair amount of growth, but I have a long way to go.
In order to keep myself going on the grow out path, I find myself looking through chin length pictures a lot. Inspiration can be essential in keeping yourself chugging ahead instead of digressing back into pixie territory. Here are some of my favorites;












No comments:

Post a Comment