Friday, June 6, 2014

1 look- 3 lipsticks



I've been on quite a lipstick kick. Maybe its summer and all the bright colors it has to bring, but I've been loving experimenting with new colors and different finishes. Its easy (for me at least) to feel like I have to keep the rest of my makeup simple if I'm wearing dramatic lipstick, but I wanted to play around with a full face of makeup and see how adventurous I could get with my lips too.

The other day I did a pretty classic smokey eye with a nude lip like usual. But then I started thinking about switching things up, and went from a nude lip, to a bright red, then to a black lip all within a few minutes. Its surprising how completely different a look can be when you just change your lip color!







First with a nude lip:





Then a red:





Lastly a black (with a touch for gold- because why not?):



Its crazy how lipstick completely transforms a look: from classic, to glamorous  to punk. Which is your favorite?

Products used:

Face-
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair
Essence All About Matte powder
Wet'n'Wild Color Icon blush in Pearlescent Pink
Elf Bronzer in St Lucia

Eyebrows-
Avon Glimmerstick in Blonde

Eyes-
Avon Eyeshadow Primer
Wet'n'wild Vanity palette
Wet'n'Wild Greed palette
Urban Decay Naked 3 palette
Elf Long-Wearing Lustrous cream shadow in Toast
Avon Liquid liner pen in Black
Jordana Best Lash Extreme in Black

Lips-
(Nude) Elf matte lipstick in Nearly Nude and NYX Butter gloss in Eclair
(Red) NYC lipstck in Retro Red
(Black) Avon Supershock liner in Black, NYX Macaron lipstick in Chambord and Elf Long-Wearing Lustrous cream shadow in Toast. 

Did you know I have an instragram account? Follow me at psalm397_makeup!

2 comments:

  1. I like the black, with the touch of gold! Really shows off the gold in the eye color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete