Monday, August 26, 2013

Thank you Heather!

Its almost been 3 weeks since our beautiful baby girl Emery was born. Its been a whirlwind. Being a Mom is both the hardest and most incredible experience of my life. As sappy as it sounds, all the cliches are true. I never thought I could love someone so much.

I wish I had the time to write out all that happened when Emery was born, as it was a long 36+ hours of labor. But since I dont have a lot of time, I just wanted to use the opportunity to say a huge thank you to my amazing sister Heather. Heather has been training to become a doula, and I was her first labor and delivery after she completed her courses. I cant tell you how grateful I am that she was there. She spent hours rubbing my legs to help speed labor (which worked!), sat up all night comforting me through contractions, and when I broke down from the pain, she supported me through tough decisions. She was with me over 24 hours and she never complained. Looking back, I think she was the driving force that helped me pull through.
If there was a way to repay her, I would. But I cant think of a single thing that would show her how much I appreciate all she's done. I sincerely hope she takes this incredible gift of encouragement and support to the next level and offers her services as a doula to other women.

Life will never be the same now that baby girl is here. I'm so glad I have such an amazing family to offer their support, advice and love. I am truly a blessed women. Thank you God for all that you've given me.


No comments:

Post a Comment