Monday, March 17, 2014

Divergent Inspired Makeup: Amity



source
Amity are the hippy's of the Divergent world. They love music and art, and are the farmers in the Divergent society. Divergents Wiki page describes them as: " the one and only faction dedicated to peacefulness, kindness, forgiveness, trust, self-sufficiency, and neutrality. Amity was formed by those who blamed war and fighting for human nature's faults.....As the faction that symbolizes happiness and freedom from human conflict, members generally  wear clothing that is bright and pleasant. Their attire consists of clothes that are red and yellow." (source)

I wanted to keep a care free and colorful aspect to my makeup, using the factions colors of red and yellow. When I read the first Divergent book, I imagined Amity kids as little barefooted fairies, with sweaty faces from running in the woods and flower crowns on top their messy hair.


Just like with Abnegation, I kept the skin clean by avoiding foundation and focusing on just concealing discoloration and spots.


I used coconut oil on my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose and cupids bow to give an extreme highlight to the skin. A little greasy for everyday wear, but really beautiful on the skin.

I kept the red and yellow color scheme on the eyes, and blended thoroughly to give a soft and airy effect. I felt like black mascara would be to stark, so I applied a white eyelash primer and packed on red loose pigment over top. It was a cheap and effective way of making my own colored mascara!


I finished everything off with extremely glossy lips. Soft, sweet and easy to maintain.

I really connect with the artistic side of Amity, and could see myself picking it as a faction. Although I think most of my family would probably say I'm a bit to combative to really fit in there ;)

Would you choose Amity?



Products used:

Face- 
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in "Fair"
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in "Light"

Essence 'All About Matte" powder
Essence Silky Touch blush in "Lifes a Cherry"
Elf Contour Bronzer
Coconut Oil (as highlight)
Eyesbrows-
Avon Glimmerstick in "Blonde"

Eyes-
Two Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo eyeshadow pencil in "Milk"
NYX shadow in "Tropical"
NYX single shadow in "Yellow"
NYX Loose Pigment in "Dust"
NYX Loose Pigment in "Red"
NYX Wonder pencil in "Light"
Avon Lash Conditioner and Primer
Jordana Best Lash Extreme in "Black" (botton lashes)

Lips-
NYX lip pencil in "Nude Beige"
NYX Butter lipgloss in "Eclair"





No comments:

Post a Comment