Monday, March 3, 2014

EOTD: Lilac Breasted Roller


My sister lived in South Africa for a few months several years ago, and sent me this beautiful postcard.


On it she told me I had to create a makeup look based off the colors of this gorgeous bird. Its taken me years to do it, but here is my take!

I couldn't decide whether to go soft or dramatic with this, so, I did both. Boom. I used the exact same products for both looks, just different application techniques. In order to make the eyeshadows more dramatic, I foiled them- which is a technique where you use the shadow wet.  Foiling your eyeshadow really does make a huge difference with the opacity and brightness. Foiling loose shadow works best, as moisture can damage pressed shadows. You can use a liquid specifically designed for foiling, a face setting spray, or even just eye drops. Place a little of the liquid on your brush, and pick up the shadow. Apply and BE AMAZED!

On to the looks!


The soft version:




The dramatic version (with shadows foiled):







Products used (in both looks):

Face-
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in "Fair"

Eyebrows-
Avon Glimmerstick Brow Definer in "Blonde"
NYX Wonder Pencil in "Light"

Eyes-
NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk"
NYX Chrome Loose Eyeshadow in "Fuschia"
Wet'n'Wild "Desert Festival", "I Heart Matte", "Vanity", "Blue Had Me at Hello" and "I Dream of Greenie" palettes
SugarPill 'Sweet Heart" palette
L.A. Colors "Grassy Knoll" palette
NYX single shadows in "Irises", "Wild Fire", "Kiwi", "Chick" and "Exotic Green"
Hard Candy Eyeliner in "Bamboo"
Avon SuperShock gel liner in "Black"
Jordana Best Lash Extreme

No comments:

Post a Comment