Thursday, March 20, 2014

Divergent Inspired Makeup: Erudite



 Dagnab it. I wish this wasn't the last faction. I just loved creating these!


" the one and only faction dedicated to knowledge, intelligence, curiosity, and astuteness. It was formed by those who blamed ignorance for the war that had occurred in the past, causing them to split into factions in the first place...Erudite values the virtue of intelligence and wisdom over any other. The members focus their lives on the pursuit of knowledge. Erudite are expected to delegate themselves in the library reading books, or, most commonly, reading something from the computer. They are also known to have memorized the city map. Members are also known to be particularly eloquent.
Because of the Erudite's thirst for knowledge, they are the ones easily susceptible to moral corruption as knowledge leads to lust for power...Each member must wear at least one article of blue clothing per day. Erudite's main color is blue, as it is a "calming color that helps stimulate the brain". Also, most faction members wear thick glasses to make them seem smarter." (source)


I dont mean to play into the smart girl stereotype, but come on ya'll! I wear glasses all day err'day, so this is a look I can really relate to. I decided to do a classic pinup with a twist because it looks great with glasses, and playing up your features is the smartest makeup look out there.



In a classic pinup look, the skin is flawless and pale. Much like Dauntless and Candor, I kept the skin matte with a full coverage foundation and a heavier contour and blush.


Pinup eyebrows are usually thick and overdraw, but thats not really my style. Glasses frame the face already, and I didnt need my brows competing with my thick frames. So I kept them well defined but light.


I used matte shadows to define my crease, and a black liner with a small flick on the eye to accentuate my lashes.  To keep in theme with Erudites, who must always wear blue, I used a blue eyeliner on my lower lash line and applied a bright shimmery turquoise blue over top.


The lips are the most important part of this look. I lined the lips with a dark purple and then finished it off with a deep red liquid lip color. After, I lined around my lips with a concealer pencil to sharpen any messy edges and define the lips even more.


I love this look, and wear something similar all the time. In the books, Erudite's are essentially the bad guys, but I think my love of learning would draw me to their faction. I don't think I could spend all my time studying or in front of a computer, but I could spend all day in a library :)

Would you want to be Erudite?

Products used:

Face- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-1 Foundation in "Ivory"
Maybelline Fit Me Concealor in "Fair"
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in "Light"
Essence 'All About Matte" powder 

 NYX Taupe Blush
Revlon Matte Blush in "Perfectly Peach"


Eyebrows-
Avon Glimmerstick pencil in "Blonde"
NYX Wonderpencil in "Light"

Eyes-
Two Face Shadow Insurance
Wet'n'Wild Vanity palette
Hard Candy eyeliner in "Chop Suey"
NYX shadow in "Wild Fire"
Avon Supershock gel liner in "Black"
Wet'n'Wild Pride palette
Avon Lash Primer and Conditioner
Coty Airspun loose face powder
Jordana Best Lash Extreme mascara in "Black"

Lips-
NYX lipliner in "Currant"
Maybelline Super Stay lipcolor in "Wine"
NYX Wonderpencil in "Light"





No comments:

Post a Comment